Sunday 3 March 2013

Kylie's Deep Dark Chocolate Cake

Possibly the easiest and yummiest moist rich chocolate cake. Its never failed for me! So yum. Seriously.. make this cake!
Yay for having a friend with a birthday so I could do some baking :) I really need to get more organised because the icing (the bit that makes it look pretty or not so pretty) is always done in a rush and ends up looking.. well.. less than delish :)



Mmmmmm.... my handy helper. Seriously he had chocolate EVERYWHERE!! 


Main reason of this photo.. to show off his cute new nappy!  Cute right??

Recipe-
Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 2 1/4 cup caster sugar
  • 3/4 cup cocoa
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 250ml Milk
  • 125 ml Vege or Conola Oil
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla essence
  • 1 cup boiling water

Mix together all dry ingredients. Add eggs, essence, oil and milk and beat on medium speed for 2 mins (I mix it by hand:)). Stir in boiling water. Grease tin or line with grease proof paper. Bake at 180 degrees C for 55-60 mins (or until skewer comes out clean). It makes quite a big cake! Soooo yum!
Icing- I use chocolate butter cream icing cause its my fav and I google the recipe :)
Thanks Kylie for the recipe.. its one of my favourites!! 
xoxoxoox Laura loo


No comments:

Post a Comment